Business Resume & Work Experience
Visionary Manager/Director/Educator with 15+ years experience in Non-profit Administration & Operations, Education, Theatre/Music/Visual Arts, Education, Communications, Finance & IT.
- Specialist in developing and delivering programs & systems which meet the unique needs of creative artists and arts organizations, supported by analytical research and intuitive insight.
- Confident and inspirational leader and project manager, equally comfortable as part of a collaborative team. Adept at translating expansive visions & goals into nitty-gritty practicals.
- Exemplary customer-service and coaching skills tailored to diverse recipients and needs, ranging from simple how-to’s to complex policy analysis and long-range strategic planning.
- Customized training programs and presentations delivered with charismatic ease.
- Group facilitation and conflict resolution focused on finding commonality among participants, uncovering unexpressed themes which hold the keys to successful solutions.
- Exceptional self-taught computer/technology & web skills, able to quickly master new applications with immediate turnaround into training others.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts
Mill Valley, CA 12/2014–11/2019
- Co-Management of 50-year old non-profit arts & education center (501(c)3), including administration of multiple facilities on 3 acre property: art galleries, individual & shared art studios, live/work space, meeting rooms, and sculpture gardens.
- Reinvigorated interest & participation levels, raising organizational profile regionally & increasing membership 25%. Increased gallery submissions substantially year over year.
- Achieved first-ever balanced operations budget. Developed annual budgets & annual fund appeals; provided monthly reporting and quarterly analysis. Cultivated & supported new donors.
- Renovated data collection & communication systems via new CRM system & custom-designed gallery database; trained board members, volunteers & staff.
- Recruited & supported new slate of highly-engaged board members & officers.
Kellan Christopher Consulting/Regent12 Design
2003 – present
Coach & Consultant
- Organizational consulting focused on structure, efficiency, communications.
- Personal coaching on enhancing personal & professional effectiveness, refining & applying intuition.
- Story advisor for television series (long-term development project).
- Computer/Software/Technology support & tutoring. Website Design & Webmaster services
Marin Movement Center
San Rafael, CA 7/2013–12/2014
Office & Technology Coordinator
- Transitioned office from paper records to new electronic records (EHR) system, including research, testing & final configuration. Trained staff on new systems.
- Configured & managed complex scheduling modules, payer contracts & billing systems.
Thomas D Hormel Trust
Pacific Palisades, CA 3/2006–10/2007
Project/Office Manager; Communications Director
- Instituted new project management/tracking systems; trained staff & owners.
- Revised staff policies & procedures, job descriptions.
- Restructured physical & electronic storage, filing systems, office layouts.
Actors’ Equity Association
New York, NY 1/2002–12/2003
National Coordinator, Outreach & Education
- Developed industry-first outreach program for high school and college students.
- Designed & presented multi-media career seminars at 40+ schools nationwide. Researched, wrote and designed promotional and educational materials.
- Screened & interviewed job candidates; trained & coached job successor to ensure continuity.
SOL Ventures Unlimited
- Designed & Produced “Manifestationery” product line & company websites.
EARLY CAREER/OTHER EXPERIENCE
Theatre & Concert Work
- Professional Actor, numerous shows: Broadway, Regional Theatre & Touring (US/Canada)
- Concert Soloist: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco; David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center NYC
Hospitality & Service Industry
- Catering/Event Staffing & Fine Dining – concurrent with early professional acting career
- Event Captain, Lead Server/Trainer – Minneapolis, NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis – B.A. Theatre, summa cum laude
S.U.N.Y. Purchase, School of the Arts – Professional Acting Training Program
American Musical & Dramatic Academy, NYC – Graduate
MacOS & iOS (expert); Windows (intermediate); HTML/CSS/PHP (intermediate).
Adobe CS, WordPress, Squarespace, Joomla, NeonCRM, Filemaker Pro, MailChimp, many others
Committees/Negotiation teams (volunteer)
San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus
Section Leader, Music Input Committee, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Actors’ Equity Association, New York, NY
Negotiating Team – AEA/League Production Agreement (Broadway contract)
Committee Member – seven committees (standing/ad hoc)
Cast Deputy – liaison between actors and union; six elected assignments